Born and raised in Rotterdam, I graduated from the sculpture department at the Rietveld Academy in Amsterdam in 2000. I was making video art when I realized I knew little about the technical aspects of a camera. I started working in the camera department of feature films. ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3463657/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr26 ). But when my desire to make art became stronger, I started to paint. I’ve been working on my technique and style and only recently started exhibiting. I see a painting as one frame from a movie that tells a whole story, that I can sit in front of for as long as it takes, to take in the depth of the image.
- 26 may-6 july group exhibition NDSM Fuse
- 27 july -19 august SOLO exhibition NDSM Fuse
- 14, 15, 16 september group expo Studio Smit show 5
- 1-4 november Affordable Artfair Amsterdam- platform projects – artist’s participation.
- 18 february Greenbook exhibition Beurs van Berlage
- 12 january until 7 April group exhibition NDSM Fuse
- NDSM Fuse group exhibition July – October
- Exhibition Salon Studio Smit Opening friday, Saturday & Sunday 20, 21 and 22 September
- Open NDSM, open studios NDSM Saturday 28 September 2019
former marketing, manager and curator of NDSM Fuse